Career transition Group Coaching
Being in transition is tough; it can be lonely, and sometimes frustrating, because you’re not sure how to proceed, and/or you don’t know when you’re going to arrive at your desired destination. You need emotional support to sustain the journey! Having a group of peers, and a coach, can be invaluable to helping you maintain your self-worth and mobilize you to take action.
Purpose of the group:
· to support people during transition: peer support and coach’s support to help you get clear about where you want to go or steps to get there
· to give guidance about resources
· to create an intact group where participants act as an accountability structure for their peers
· to get coaching to help you get unstuck or to free you up to take action.
Intended audience: Mid-career professionals, age 40+, who think of themselves as being “in transition”, whether it’s between jobs, trying to change industry or focus, or people who want to set up their consulting practice.
· The participants will determine what they want to discuss or focus on, before and during the program, so the topics will be generated organically by the group.
· Possible topics might include how to stop getting in your own way, or how you make sense of success or non-success ;) or how to make your self-talk more positive.
· Participants might ask each other for their experience with specific approaches, or knowledge of resources; or it could be a topic that Abby can deliver content on.
· This group is not designed to help you rewrite your resume or to teach you how to find a job.
· You will identify what you want to get out of the group and what you want to be held accountable for.
· 6-8 people, intact group. People in mid-career (40+).
· 6, 75-min. sessions, every 2 weeks, over a period of 3 months. First meeting will be 90 minutes. March – May 2018. The frequency is meant to address the urgency – you need to generate income! (unless the group decides on every 3 weeks).
· First meeting TBD, once we have a critical mass (at least 6 people). Let me know if you have a friend/colleague who’d like to participate.
· 15 min. pre-program phone conversation to identify your learning needs.
· 15 min. post-program conversation to assess your outcomes.
· Virtual meetings over the computer.
· Participants will identify before the program and at each session what they’d like to focus on in the session.
· We can use breakout groups for pair conversations.
· Abby will provide coaching (15-20 min.) during the session for 1-2 people who have an issue they’d like to address.
· Abby will be responsive to the group’s feedback if we decide to refine the format as we go.
· Participants will have their self-developed action steps to take between meetings. Participants can provide articles or resources based on the group discussion.
· We’ll have a LinkedIn or a Facebook group dedicated to this group.
Cost: As this is an R&D group, I’m offering this for a nominal fee. Fee: $275 for the program (6 sessions) paid in advance.